Acai Bowl Topping: Benefits of Bee Pollen
Bee pollen takes a place on our list of essential toppings when whipping up an acai treat. They may be small, but boy do they pack a big punch full of superfood goodness.
So what is pollen you may ask? Simply put, pollen is the male seed of flowers. It is the required element for the fertilization of plants.
Here is a list of some of our favorite benefits of bee pollen:
1. Contains almost 40% protein that contributes to a healthy diet.
2. Increases our stamina and energy levels.
3. Contains almost all the nutrients needed to sustain life.
4. Contains a high amount of antioxidants that boosts our immune system.
5. Natural remedy for allergies.
6. Skin rejuvenator of RNA and DNA nucleic acids.
7. Prevents acne and premature aging of cells.
8. Stimulates vital organ function.
9. Antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral.
10. Reduces inflammation.
Next time you whip up an acai bowl or smoothie, top with a teaspoon of pollen BUT don’t forget to thank the bees. That one teaspoon of pollen took one bee working eight hours a day for a whole month to gather. Now that is amazing!